Place Cards | Leigh Ann OdynskiNov 11, 2017
Hello crafty friends! Leigh here, to bring you a little place card idea for your Autumn table. The Felicity Jane Autumn kit has such gorgeous warm colors, and they are perfect for creating a 3D succulent from a cut file by Lori Whitlock.
The finished 3D succulent has a tag with a hand lettered name, and a punched banner shape layered with one of the cork leaves from the Autumn Kit.
1) After you have assembled your cut file pot, add some crumpled tissue to give some height and a place for your brown felt to rest.
2) Fold a piece of twine or crochet thread in half and hot glue it to the center of the tissue.
3) I cut a little snip out of the middle of the felt circle, before adhering it, so that the crochet thread could be pulled through.
4) Hot glue the felt circle onto the tissue.
5) Punch a hole in the place card tag
6) Then glue on the tags, banner shapes, and a cork leaf, or other embellishment from the Autumn Kit that coordinates with your project.
7) Next, I hot-glued the succulent on top.
You can tie a bow in the twine or crochet thread through a punched hole in the tag top.
Here, the place card is on the table setting all ready for your guest to enjoy it! I have had lots of guests ask to take their place card each year, and I like to give it to them as a thank you for joining me and my family at the table.
Thank you for visiting today, and happy hosting.